Saturday, July 27, 2019

Fort Collins Counselor and Life Coach: Who Do I Work With, Part I

Today's Blog Post

Who do I work with -- LPC, LPCC, LCSW, MFT, PsyD, Registered Psychotherapist, or other?

This is part one of a three part series -- we encourage you to read all three, or skip to FAQ and review Q/As at bottom of page.

Part II Link

Q: What is the difference between a LPC, LPCC, and Registered Psychotherapist?

A: Licensed Professional Counselor holds a masters or doctorate degree, and has fulfilled all state and national requirements. 

A Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate (LPCC) holds a masters or doctorate degree, and is in the final stages of obtaining full licensure (i.e., all that remains is client-clinical supervision hours).  

At a minimum, a California or Colorado Registered Psychotherapist only needs to pass the state jurisprudence exam, and is not required to have any academic or clinical training.  

For a full list of credential requirements for LPC, LPCC, Registered Psychotherapist, including MFT, LCSW and more, please visit your state regulatory affairs department or Colorado Mental Health Credentials Requirements

Note: California and Colorado are the only two states that offer Registered Psychotherapist License.

Continue reading Part Two Link

We are accepting new clients and more info at: FAQ

A Call Could Save Lives
Call 911 or 24 Hour Crisis Center

Contact Link